Now that the days have turned somewhat colder, warm comforting drinks like this winter spiced latte are on the menu. Make it a tall, grande or supremo. You can make a healthier version and use soya milk, also leave out the whipped cream topping… however when it comes to comforting drinks… the full monty please!
Winter Spiced Latte
- 1 cup of milk or soya milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice (refer to previous post for recipe)
- 1 teaspoon soft brown sugar
- 1/4 cup espresso or strong coffee
- whipped cream (optional)
- pure maple syrup (optional)
How to make:
Pour the milk into a saucepan and heat to almost boiling, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract, pumpkin spice and soft brown sugar.
If you do not have an espresso machine make up some strong coffee instead.
Pour the espresso or strong coffee into a large mug and fill with the hot spiced milk. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and drizzle over some maple syrup.