Now that the days have turned somewhat colder, warm comforting drinks are on the menu! Make it a tall, grande or supremo spiced latte! A healthier version can be made using soya milk and leaving out the whipped cream topping… however when it comes to comforting drinks… the full monty please!
Winter Spiced Latte
- 1 cup of milk or soya milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice (refer to previous post for recipe)
- 1 teaspoon soft brown sugar
- 1/4 cup espresso or strong coffee
- whipped cream (optional)
- pure maple syrup (optional)
How to make:
Pour the milk into a saucepan and heat until almost boiling, remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract, pumpkin spice and soft brown sugar.
If you do not have an espresso machine make up some strong coffee instead!
Pour the espresso or strong coffee into a large mug and fill with the hot spiced milk. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and drizzle over some maple syrup, if using.