In My Kitchen August 2014

IMK_August_2014-7081

Celebrations are a great excuse to bake something indulgent and luscious. Over the Eid holidays we enjoyed a delicious home-baked cheesecake, which always goes down a treat. It also reminds me that I must post a cheesecake recipe on this blog sometime soon. Once again, continuing the monthly In My Kitchen posts and joining with Celia’s blog Fig Jam and Lime Cordialshowcasing a few more treasures from my kitchen.IMK_August_2014-7127

These cute little pottery bowls and mug are little reminders of a few days spent in Bucharest. I think they are a perfect size for holding seasonings or mustards and also make pretty little props for my food photography.
IMK_August_2014-1059Ditched my old poacher when I came across these handy silicone poach pods, we love poached eggs in our family and they get plenty of use. Apparently you can poach other foods in them but have never gotten around to doing this. Would love to know if you have any other great uses for poach pods, if you use them?
IMK_August_2014-1383
When it comes to blending soups I find myself reaching for my old immersion blender, so easy to use and clean up is a breeze.
IMK_August_2014-7128Picked up this cute wooden board in Bucharest but at the moment it’s looking a bit sad. A nice homemade fromage blanc would liven it up and with the cheese knife I guess this makes it my new mini cheeseboard.

1. Francesca says:

Your photography is stnning. Anyone who can make a silicone egg poacher look so attractive is very talented. Love the beautiful bread board from Bucharest- and those little salt bowls too.

2. What a beautiful cutting board. Not sad at all! The aged marks add character and it goes perfectly with the colour of the cheese knife. I also accumulate little hand painted bowls and plates when we travel – yours from Bucharest are lovely.

3. antoinette says:

the ladies from the coop would be so proud if that is one of their eggs you can show them when you are hen sitting

4. Those little Hungarian bowls are just gorgeous! And I’m glad you find your poach pods useful – mine ended up as kids’ toys, because I never seem to be able to get eggs right in them (they would topple in the water). Your cheesecake looks sublime! 🙂

Thanks Celia, I have not had my eggs topple in the poach pods before, maybe different size or shape! At least the kids are having fun with them 🙂

5. i love everything in your post moya. those bowls from bucharest and the board- so cute. i love my stick blender too. mine has just died so i have to get a new one. This time it will be a great colour instead of my old white one. Not sure what brand to get- there are so many around. and i am sadly disappointed in my kitchen aid electric hand beaters so don’t think i will get one of their brand. something colourful and powerful i think…anyone with any ideas?

Thank you Sherry, my stick blender is old (braun)but still does the job. I am sure there are more powerful ones available now like cuisinart and waring. Mine does not have any extra attachments, nowdays everyting seems to come with attachements. 🙂
      I seem to have problems leaving comments on your blog but just wanted to let you know that I love your adorable dessert fork. Your olive dish is also beautiful, what a talanted friend you have. Thanks for the peek into your kithchen and hope I can sort this comment thing out. I have tried a couple of ways and my comment seems to disappear. 😦

6. Elizabeth says:

loving your kitchen this month and your photos are always so beautiful! Those bowls are fabulous oh and the cheese knife! I can’t wait till I can get a whole set of Laguiole cutlery! Thanks for sharing! Liz x

Thank you Elizabeth. You spotted the Laguiole cheese knife 🙂 I have some Laguiole steak knives that I was given for a special birthday and they are so wonderful to hold and cut with. To have a whole set would be fabulous and you wont regret every having them 🙂

7. Kim Bultman says:

Moya, your slice of cheesecake and cup of coffee are as wonderful to look at as I’m sure they tasted! I also love your colorful bowls and cheese board/knife. Off to take a look at your fromage blanc recipe… 🙂

Kim, the coffee was my excuse for having another slice of cheesecake. Have you ever made a soft cheese? It takes time to prepare but is quite delicious and worth the effort. 🙂

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )